Telephony software applications require voice modems or professional telephony device or boards which have fully compliant and functioning TAPI drivers.Date Published 1/29/2014
Professional telephony device vs. voice modem
When you need a good quality solution that works, with full telephony feature it is natural to use professional telephony devices. Way2call Hi-Phone Desktop is one the natural and cost effective choice that works.
More about the Hi-Phone Desktop products you can find at our TAPI USB Telephony Device Section .
See few comments that have been collected from a well known software application vendors:
Telephony Cards Are Better!
1. Telephony cards are a much better solution then voice modems, offering better quality sound playback/recording and better detection of DTMF and busy tones.
Many voice modems have one or more of the following problems:
- Poor sound quality/volume.
- Unreliable DTMF tone detection.
- Cannot do call transfers as hookflash length is too long or too short.
- Mistakenly detect a disconnect tone while playing or recording messages and hangup a call halfway through playing/recording of sound file.
- Unable to interrupt the playing of a sound file halfway through.
For reasons above many people find voice modems unsuitable and choose to use a telephony card instead
Telephony Card can do better than Voice Modem and Can be Used as a Voice Modem
2. Although you can do quite a bit with voice modems, they are not as mature in supporting voice telephony features as are devices developed specifically for voice telephony.
Voice modems evolved from their strengths in data communications to include fax and then later, limited voice capabilities. Products designed specifically for voice telephony are typically far more robust and reliable for voice applications. While we are not saying that a voice modem might not work fine for simple applications such as caller ID or call recording, we are suggesting based on our experience that for professional grade business applications, especially those requiring reliable event detection and quality audio, you may want to invest in a true voice telephony device
3. Telephony applications require voice modems or professional telephony boards which have fully compliant and functioning TAPI drivers.
Often when software does not work, it is because the hardware is not TAPI compliant or because there is some problem with the drivers or driver installation.
For professional installations we always recommend professional voice boards since voice modems are not always predictably reliable
Telephony Card Device and Voice Modem Comparison Conclusion
Way2call telephony devices are TAPI compliant telephony voice dailer, namely, portable telephony board with dailer that can replace your existing full-duplex voice modem and provide advance quality features that compensate the traditional telephony modem without losing the functionality of telephony board. You can connect with your computer system through USB. Why buy a full duplex telephony usb voice modem when you can buy a portable telephony board and dialer like Way2call Telephony devices, a portable USB telephony board and dialer that can replace your USB voice modems.